Our power grid increasingly has to take account of variable generation sources. What if we learned how to adjust our electricity consumption, so that we could do our bit to help balance the electricity grid?
All kinds of benefitsThere are a whole lot of benefits to consuming rationally:
- you give the environment a helping hand;
- your electricity bills are lower;
- you learn to adjust your consumption, which will probably be an important habit in the future.
Getting startedIt is always best to start by taking stock of your current situation:
- how much electricity do you consume each year?
- which of your household appliances consume most electricity?